Careers at turpin barker armstrong
We are a busy firm of accountants, licensed insolvency practitioners and financial advisors offering accountancy, insolvency and financial advice to businesses and individuals.
We have the following job vacancies, please see below for further details:
If you would like to apply for one of the roles please send your CV to email@example.com
All Full Time roles come with the following package:
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Office hours Mon-Thurs 8.30-5.45, Fri 8.30-1.00pm
- Salary according to experience
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (25 days after 1 years’ service)
- Group personal pension 4% employer/employee contributions
- No parking fees (park on road)
- Employee’s Assistance Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Independent Financial Advisor
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IFA who is looking for fresh challenges and a desire to be part of and help build a growing business through current Turpin Barker Armstrong clients, cross referrals, the IFA’s current contacts and from other sources such as networking and lead generating introduces.
With a primary focus on pensions in addition to investments and protection the successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years Advisor experience working within a regulated IFA practitioner
- Preferably CII Dip PFS qualified although applicants with only 2 exams to sit may be considered
- Ideally a portfolio of clients to bring to our firm
- Be able to demonstrate your ‘client first’ approach to financial services
- Proficiency in assessing clients overall financial picture, understand their needs and develop a solid financial plan, providing strategic advice across a variety of financial products and services, guiding clients towards a secure financial decision
- Demonstrable track record of converting leads into new business, networking and developing a portfolio
- Be driven with a strong understanding of the current Financial Market
- Be personable with excellent communications, negotiation and presentation skills with attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations
- Keep abreast of new industry trends and research market
- Possess a full driving licence
- Have excellent IT skills
- Salary circa £45,000 to £55,000 ATE
- 30% bonus on income received over and above 2.5 times salary
- 6 month probationary period
As an expanding practice we are seeking to recruit an ATT qualified Tax Senior or Manager with a desire to progress and develop their tax career within a highly regarded firm, managing a portfolio of corporate and personal tax clients (including company director and private clients) and some trusts.
The successful applicant will most recently have come from a mixed tax role within practice and have a thorough up to date knowledge of personal and corporate tax legislation. The applicant will be ATT qualified - CTA qualified an advantage.
Responsibilities in this key position include:
- Tax compliance
- Holistic tax advice to our portfolio of predominantly owner-managed businesses
- Development of the tax department
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Profitable management of a portfolio of both personal and corporate tax clients including the preparation of complex tax returns and those of HNWIs/Non Doms/Non Residents
- Build and maintain close relationships with clients
- Developing acuity of trust tax compliance services
- Ad hoc tax advisory work
- Ensuring key deadlines are met by managing and reviewing the process of less complex returns
- Reviewing more junior staff’s work, providing guidance and support to their development.
- Reviewing sole trader accounts
- Filing CT returns.
This is an opportunity to work in an established firm and play a crucial part in its continued growth.
Accounts and Audit Senior
Working in the BSG department which has 19 colleagues and 3 Partners, the successful candidate will assist the management team in managing, developing and growing the practice. You will be responsible for leading the practice audits, managing your own portfolio, including management accounts, year end accounts and corporation tax; developing client relationships, providing training and assistance to other staff members.
You will be a qualified accountant with proven general practice experience including accounts preparation, tax and audit experience. You will possess excellent communication and IT skills.
This is an opportunity to work in an established firm and play a crucial part in its continued growth