Published: 24/03/2017 By Andrew TompsonSpring is here and with it comes new life and new changes that may affect your finances. Here are just a few of the changes that grabbed our attention:
• £500 of extra income you can earn each year before paying any income tax thanks to the personal allowance increasing from £11,000 to £11,500
• £2,000 extra income you can be earnt while still pay basic rates of tax thanks to the starting amount you can earn before paying higher rates of tax increasing from £43,000 to £45,000
• £4,000 can be pay into the new Lifetime ISA each year and receive the government’s 25% enhancement. These are special ISAs aimed at individuals who are looking to buy their first property or for individuals saving for retirement
• £4,760 more can be paid into ISAs this year, allowing more tax free saving thanks to the ISA allowance has been increased from £15,240 to £20,000
• £100,000 additional wealth can be potentially be passed on to individuals children with the introduction of the new Residential Nil Rate Band
If you would like to discuss any of these points or your personal situation do not hesitate to get in touch here.